QLogic PCI-X Host Adapters Now Shipping in HP Servers
QLogic announced that its SANblade QLA2340 133 MHz PCI-X host bus adapters are now shipping in HP ProLiant servers for NetWare and Linux platforms. HP ProLiant servers for NetWare and Linux now include QLogic's SANblade QLA2340 133 MHz PCI-X host bus adapters. The PCI-X offers added performance and flexibility, and enables enterprises to use multiple PCI-X buses at different speeds.
According to the company, PCI-X offers added performance and flexibility, and enables enterprises to use multiple PCI-X buses at different speeds. Designed to serve leading server and storage companies that have embraced the new 133 MHz PCI-X standard, the SANblade QLA2340 family of host bus adapters can deliver up to double the throughput of the 66 MHz PCI interface commonly found in server platforms.
The SANblade QLA2340 Series is the company's flagship line. Key features and benefits include:
- Performance that sustains up to 80,000 Input/Output operations per second and up to 800 MB of throughput per second
- Native support for all major operating systems, including Microsoft Windows NT and Windows 2000, Novell NetWare, and Sun Solaris
- Single-chip ISP2312 architecture for increased reliability and more compact, versatile design
- Single and dual channel versions to maximize performance and the use of PCI-X slots
- Support for new 133 MHz PCI-X designs and legacy support for PCI servers
- A common driver interface for PCI-X, PCI, cPCI, and SBus versions
- Support for 2Gb/second and 1Gb/second speeds
- "Bridgeless" dual-channel host bus adapters that eliminate the severe performance overhead of PCI-X bridges used in competitive host bus adapters