- 1 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 2 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 3 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 4 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
- 5 Docker Reaches Across Universes at Dockercon EU
Muonics Announces Release Of MIB Smithy 1.0 Visual MIB Design Software
Muonics announced the release of version 1.0 of its MIB Smithy software. Muonics announced the release of version 1.0 of its MIB Smithy software. MIB Smithy is a software product for SNMP developers, MIB designers, and Internet-draft authors that provides a visual GUI-based environment for designing, editing, and compiling MIB modules.
MIB Smithy is a software product for SNMP developers, Management Information Base (MIB) designers, and Internet-draft authors that provides a visual GUI-based environment for designing, editing, and compiling MIB modules according to the SMIv1 and SMIv2 (Structure of Management Information) standards.
"The tool is designed to simplify the design process by providing an easy to use environment for working with SNMP MIB Modules without the syntax and formatting concerns of designing MIBs by hand," said Muonics founder and MIB Smithy developer Michael Kirkham. "A wizard-like GUI allows the user to specify pertinent information and let MIB Smithy do the rest, reducing the learning curve and development time."
- Support for FreeBSD, Solaris, Linux, and Windows
- Import/Export SMIv1 and SMIv2 MIBs and MOSY ".defs" files
- Automatic module extraction from text files
- Automatic Object Identifier Value (OID) assignment
- Built-in compiler/validation tool can correct many common errors
- Browser-style project manager for quick navigation of multiple MIB Modules/files
- Preview window with context-sensitive highlighting
- Filters for finding the desired data type, record name, OID
MIB Smithy 1.0 focuses on MIB design via its visual user environment, the capability to compile to (and import) "MOSY" file formats, and to detect and correct parse-level errors. Future updates should include compiler improvements and integration with other tools, such as native support for XML, custom file formats for other Network Management applications, and source code generation.
Single-user licenses for MIB Smithy are available at an introductory price of $995 through December 31. A 15-day limited evaluation is available for download.