- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
Appfluent Announces Appfluent Accelerator
Appfluent Technology, a provider of software to improve enterprise application performance, launched Appfluent Accelerator this week. According to the company, Appfluent Accelerator delivers up to a 700 percent improvement in throughput and response time of database-driven enterprise applications. Appfluent Technology this week launched Appfluent Accelerator. Appfluent Accelerator is designed to improve speed throughput and performance of database-driven business applications up to 700 percent.
Appfluent Accelerator's patent-pending technology relies on SQL analytics to collect and analyze information about application-database interactions. The system then uses this information to distribute workload and implement optimizations.
This approach may increase the throughput and response time of existing infrastructure up to 700 percent at a price point about a quarter of that of traditional software and hardware alternatives. The Appfluent Accelerator may improve most Oracle-driven applications, including business intelligence and reporting applications, CRM, call center, and e-commerce and other enterprise applications.
Accelerator is the result of more than three years of research and product development and integration, and is comprised of three components:
- AutoCruiser learns which data is most commonly requested, collects and analyzes information about query patterns, and then acts to improve response time and throughput.
- Query Server is a database engine that processes "read" requests and delivers data to users to reduce the demand on the origin database and eliminate changes to database design or hardware profiles.
- Synchronizer ensures data consistency between the Query Server and the origin database.
Installations typically costs $60,000, and Appfluent Accelerator supports the following application and Web server environments: Apache HTTP Server 1.3.14 or later with resin 1.2 Servlet Engine; BEA WebLogic 5.1 or later; IBM WebSphere 4.0 or later; Microsoft IIS 4.0 or later with Active Server Pages; and Windows Client Server Architecture.