- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
ApacheCon USA 2002 to Include Tutorials
The Apache Software Foundation (ASF) announced speaker sessions and first-ever tutorials for this fall's ApacheCon USA 2002, the official ASF conference and workshop. Created to gather developers, programmers, consultants and system administrators participating in Apache software development, this conference series will help to educate technologists on how to get the most use out of Apache open-source projects. The Apache Software Foundation announced speaker sessions and, for the first time, tutorials for this fall's ApacheCon USA 2002, which will take place November 18 to 21 2002 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The event is being held November 18-21 in Las Vegas, Nevada
"The fifth ApacheCon reflects the dynamic, innovative and diverse nature of open development - from the increase in world-wide government mandates of using open software to new ASF initiatives, including 18 new Foundation members and the long-awaited version 2.0 of the Web server," said ApacheCon 2002 Chairman Ken Coar. "ApacheCon 2002 is not only the place to see the latest advances in the Apache open-source projects, it's also an unparalleled educational forum for software professionals and open-source developers looking to sharpen their skills and share their ideas."
Half-day tutorial sessions make their debut at ApacheCon 2002. These workshops kick off the conference on Day 1 (November 18) to provide an in-depth view on a range of Apache-related projects, including:
- Introduction to PHP
- Getting Set Up with Apache
- mod_perl 2.0 By Example
- Backhand: understanding and building HA/LB clusters
- Advanced Development with Apache, MySQL and PHP
- Using WebDAV with Apache
- Writing Programs for Apache Jakarta
- Mangling data with XSLT
The full conference schedule, tutorial descriptions, sponsor and exhibitor information can be found at the ApacheCon 2002 Web site.