- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
Ensim, RLX Partnership Produces Management Software Bundled on a Blade
RLX Technologies and Ensim Monday unveiled the RLX Ensim WEBppliance solution, a jointly developed offering created for the Web hosting industry.
In a nutshell, Ensim's Web-hosting automation software, WEBppliance 3.1 for Linux, is installed on the RLX ServerBlade 800i at the factory.RLX Technologies and Ensim Monday unveiled the RLX Ensim WEBppliance solution, a jointly developed offering created for the Web hosting industry.
The release represents the first fruits of the companies' worldwide marketing and technology agreement first announced in December 2001.
RLX and Ensim have partnered to provide what they believe is a comprehensive solution for shared, dedicated, and reseller Web hosting, while furnishing control panels to allow for self-administration of Web sites and domains.
The RLX ServerBlade 800i, launched in February, is RLX's third-generation blade server.
The RLX Ensim WEBppliance solution blade was designed for easy installation, a process the vendors' claim can be accomplished in less than five minutes.
WEBppliance 3.1 for Linux provides four tiers of control panels for self-administration, including a new control panel targeted for private label resellers. Other new features include:
- Localization capabilities with German and English interfaces
- The capability to extend and differentiate brand with custom skins
- Optional e-commerce support with Miva Merchant
- Support for Red Hat 7.2
A version of WEBppliance optimized for Hewlett-Packard's blade servers is also in the works, Sandip Gupta, vice president of business development at Ensim, told ServerWatch.
The RLX Ensim WEBppliance solution is available immediately and is priced starting at $1,599 per blade. The standard configuration is an Intel-based RLX ServerBlade 800i with 256 MB of Memory and a 20 GB hard drive preinstalled with Ensim WEBppliance 3.1 for Linux.
RLX will handle all sales and shipping for the RLX Ensim WEBppliance, but both companies will market the product Gupta said.