- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
Covalent Technologies Releases Enterprise Ready Server 2.1
Enterprise Ready Server is an enterprise-level solution for organizations looking to install Apache but that are also seeking management, security, and reliability not offered by the open source server.At Networld + Interop on Tuesday, Covalent Technologies released Enterprise Ready Server 2.1, the first Apache Web server product to be optimized for use with Windows.
New features in Covalent Enterprise Ready Server 2.1 include:
- FTP over SSL support to provide secure FTP communication (available as an add-on)
- Enhanced caching capabilities in authorization/authentication services
- Streamlined installation resulting in deployment in minutes
- A Single Server Edition designed to streamline set-up for organizations that deploy on only one machine.
Covalent Enterprise Ready Server is based on Apache 2.0. Apache 2.0 is HTTP 1.1 compliant and supports distributed authoring and versioning; proxying and caching; IP and named-based virtual hosting; and Java, Perl, and PHP applications. Apache 2.0 also contains a completely new and innovative internal processing architecture. Its Multi Processing Module (MPM) lets administrators choose between a stable parent-child process model and a hybrid prefork/threaded model.
Covalent Enterprise Ready Server 2.1 comes with the complete binary for Apache 2.0, Tomcat 4.0 Java server, Covalent Management Portal, Covalent UserTrack, Covalent Logging Services, Covalent Authorization and Authentication Services, Covalent SSL, SNMP support, PHP, and mod_Perl. FTP support is available as an add-on to the product.
Covalent Enterprise Ready Server is available for Solaris, Linux, HPUX, and Windows. It is priced at $1,495 per CPU. Enterprise Ready Server can be purchased from Covalent's direct sales force at +1 800 444 1935 or through the vendor's Web site.