- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
Dell Introduces New Low-End Server for Small Business
Dell today released the PowerEdge 1500SC, a low-end server meant for small businesses, small- and medium-sized businesses, corporate departments and workgroups.
With prices beginning at $1,400, the PowerEdge 1500SC is built around a 1.13GHz Intel Pentium III processor and features an Intel PRO/1000 XT network connection on the motherboard, enabling the PowerEdge 1500SC to transfer up to one billion bits of data per second (one gigabit per second) over common copper wires. It also ships with ECC memory and hot-plug hard drives, as well as embedded features such as temperature, fan and voltage monitoring, as well as a hardware monitor that automatically reboots the system should the operating system fail.Dell today released the PowerEdge 1500SC, a low-end server meant for small businesses, small- and medium-sized businesses, corporate departments and workgroups.
Optional features include advanced RAID and hot-plug, redundant power supplies.
The other main option is the operating system: the PowerEdge 1500SC is available with factory installation of Microsoft Windows 2000 Server, Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, or Red Hat Linux 7.2.