- 1 Manipulating Azure Storage Accounts Using Storage PowerShell cmdlets
- 2 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 3 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 4 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 5 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
Gartner Report Names Top-Five App Server Vendors
Gartner Dataquest this week published a report discussing the leading players in the application server software market based on new direct license revenue earned in 2000.
BEA Systems ranked number one with a 41 percent market share. Following BEA was IBM, with 31 percent. The other three players trailed, with iPlanet taking 13 percent, and Oracle and HP Bluestone each claiming 4 percent.Gartner Dataquest this week published a report discussing the leading players in the application server software market based on new direct license revenue earned in 2000.
These results are similar to those published in a report issued last month by Meta Group. The Meta report focused on the J2EE application server market. Here, BEA held a 37 percent market share. IBM again ranked second with 22 percent of the market. Oracle trailed in third with 11 percent. In Meta's survey of applications leveraging Enterprise JavaBeans, BEA again held the lead, with sales nearly four times higher than the number-two vendor.
More information on how the vendors were ranked can be found in Gartner Dataquest's report "The Application Server Market Will Stay Healthy" by J. Correia.
BEA Holds Lions Share of J2EE App Server Market