- 1 Manipulating Azure Storage Accounts Using Storage PowerShell cmdlets
- 2 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 3 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 4 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 5 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
Rackspace Offers Control Panel for Linux, Unix Servers
Rackspace Managed Hosting Monday announced it will offer Plesk Server Administrator (PSA) version 2.0, a multiplatform, Web-based tool developed by Plesk, Inc. to clients.
PSA is designed to increase the productivity of Linux and Unix administrators by enabling nontechnical personnel to perform common server administration tasks, such as creating new e-mail accounts or managing domains, with point-and-click functionality.Rackspace Managed Hosting Monday announced it will offer Plesk Server Administrator (PSA) version 2.0, a multiplatform, Web-based tool developed by Plesk, Inc. to clients.
According to Rackspace, PSA goes beyond the basic administration of a single domain by allowing service companies, particularly virtual hosters and Web designers, to deliver faster and easier service to clients by letting them handle some of the server management responsibilities.
Server owners can redistribute authority for different tasks to their customers using PSA's three levels of Web server administration while minimizing the risk of misconfiguring a server because of a command-line typo:
- The Admin Level sets all supervisory rights and privileges for the server.
- The Reseller Client Level allows Rackspace's virtual hosting customers to create hosting preferences for multiple domains and set limits at the domain level, as well as set up value-added services for customers.
- The Domain Owner Level gives domain owners on virtual servers flexibility to manage their domains, enabling them to create e-mail accounts, use FTP services, and administer domain SSL certificates.
"This is something that our customers have been requesting, and we have responded," said Graham Weston, chief executive officer of Rackspace. "Working with the leaders in the field of automated Web hosting software has allowed us to offer a first-class tool that will make our customers' lives easier. This interface reduces the complexity of server administration so that anyone can do it in a snap. Our customers will now be able to spend less time configuring their servers and more time using them."
Rackspace currently hosts more than 2,500 Linux servers. It worked closely with Plesk to develop PSA and is considered a premier launch partner.
Rackspace offers full-service managed hosting solutions, including data centers, customized servers, burstable connectivity, server software, and 24x7 support of all hardware and core software. Rackspace's monthly fees range from $300 to $50,000.
Plesk develops, markets, and supports software to simplify and automate server configuration and management tasks required for Web hosting.