- 1 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 2 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 3 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 4 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
- 5 Docker Reaches Across Universes at Dockercon EU
Netegrity Introduces Secure Reverse Proxy Server
Netegrity, Inc. Monday announced its new reverse proxy server product, Netegrity Secure Reverse Proxy Server.
The reverse proxy server is able to offer a high-performance, secure gateway into a company's Web site by centralizing all Web resource requests to multiple back-end systems.Netegrity, Inc. Monday announced its new reverse proxy server product, Netegrity Secure Reverse Proxy Server.
Netegrity Secure Reverse Proxy Server is expected to be available some time during the second half of 2001.
The proxy server solution builds on Netegrity's security and user management services, such as single sign-on and entitlement management. The Secure Reverse Proxy Server also offers an extensible set of new session management schemes, including support for cookie-less implementations.
"Our customers are requesting reverse proxy servers for managing their complex and heterogeneous e-business Web site configurations," said Bill Bartow, vice president of marketing at Netegrity.
"With our new Secure Reverse Proxy Server and new session server capabilities, Netegrity is unique in its ability to provide customers with the flexibility to choose and configure a supported solution that best meets the needs of their increasingly diverse corporate infrastructures," Bartow added.
Secure Reverse Proxy Server product is a turnkey solution that includes all of the key components for a complete implementation of a secure and manageable e-business Web site. The reverse proxy solution can be combined with the vendor's SiteMinder solution to provide enterprises with the flexibility to choose the approach that best fits their environment, including using a mix of both solutions.
Other benefits of Netegrity's Secure Reverse Proxy Server include:
- "Cookie-less" session management capabilities that store user sessions on a back-end session store using a variety of session schemes
- A set of APIs designed to enable the extension of its capabilities in several areas
- Increased scalability
- Extensible proxy rules that allow for the routing of user requests based not only on URLs but also on the type of access device and custom user information
Reverse proxy servers have been gaining popularity with enterprises. They provide a secure and manageable "gateway" to the various heterogeneous back-end Web and application servers hosting different types of applications and content, because they become the only server accessible from the Internet. Back-end content and application servers can then reside in a more secure network environment, behind a second firewall and inaccessible from the external Internet. This enables user management and access control to be administered at the proxy level instead of on each of the back-end content servers. This simplifies administration and user management a great deal.
Proxy Server Overview