- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
Sun reverses course, continues offering source code for Solaris 8
After a public outcry, Sun officials decided to continue offering source-code distributions of Solaris 8 for registered users. Sun's Drew Wrenn posted the following to Solaris Central:
"Some of you may have heard or read that Sun was ending the Solaris download program. This was based on a widely-circulated misinterpretation of an announcement we made about ending the Solaris 8 Foundation SOURCE program. Solaris binary downloads and licenses continue to be available at no charge through the Free Solaris Binary License Program (http://www.sun.com/solaris/binaries)."After a public outcry, Sun officials decide to continue offering source-code distributions of Solaris 8 for registered users.
"It seemed to us that we had satisfied those who were interested in the Foundation Source program, and we wanted to put our resources towards activities of more interest to our customers. But based on your feedback, we are happy to continue to offer access to the Solaris 8 Foundation Source. Nothing is being discontinued or taken off the table. We appreciate your interest in the source program, and encourage you to visit http://www.sun.com/solaris/source for more information."