- 1 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Enters Beta with Improved Container Support
- 2 VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger Gives VMworld 5 Imperatives for Success
- 3 VMware vSphere Integrated Containers Previewed at VMworld
- 4 Worldwide Server Revenues Top $13.5 Billion in 2Q15
- 5 Blue Box OpenStack Lands on IBM Softlayer Servers
Techtarget: MySQL and the Open Source revolution: An interview with Britt Jonston
The transcript of an interview with the Chief Technology Officer of NuSphere Corp., a provider of packaged MySQL solutions.
Britt discusses the rise of open source databases such as MySQL, how NuSphere adds value to this popular app, and answers questions from the audience. What are the pros and cons of open source systems? Do they pose a threat to established players such as Oracle and IBM? Are they ready for mission-critical enterprise applications? A good primer for beginners. The CTO of NuSphere discusses the rise of open source databases such as MySQL and maintains that they are ready for mission-critical enterprise applications.