- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
Techtarget: MySQL and the Open Source revolution: An interview with Britt Jonston
The transcript of an interview with the Chief Technology Officer of NuSphere Corp., a provider of packaged MySQL solutions.
Britt discusses the rise of open source databases such as MySQL, how NuSphere adds value to this popular app, and answers questions from the audience. What are the pros and cons of open source systems? Do they pose a threat to established players such as Oracle and IBM? Are they ready for mission-critical enterprise applications? A good primer for beginners. The CTO of NuSphere discusses the rise of open source databases such as MySQL and maintains that they are ready for mission-critical enterprise applications.