- 1 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 2 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 3 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 4 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
- 5 Docker Reaches Across Universes at Dockercon EU
osOpinion: Xbox: Perfect for Server Farms?
"Microsoft Corp. wants the Xbox to remain a closed platform that only runs its slimmed-down version of Windows 2000, but since Linux was ported to the Sega Dreamcast, which has only 16 megabytes of memory and uses a Hitachi RISC chip, it seems inevitable that someone will try the Xbox Linux port." However, that approach would miss the point. The killer port for the Xbox is not Linux. It's Apache....
"However, that approach would miss the point. The killer port for the Xbox is not Linux. It's Apache...."
"So imagine Apache ported to be an Xbox 'game.' The port shouldn't be that difficult, since Microsoft is shipping Xbox Development Kits and developers can use the same development tools they use for Windows applications. Unlike porting Linux, you wouldn't need to re-implement the entire operating system, just write an application that runs on top of it, like any other game developer."