MySQL 3.23.33 released
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 11:12:10 +0200 (EET) From: Michael Widenius To: email@example.com Subject: MySQL 3.23.33 releasedHi! This release mainly fixes some bugs in replication. If you are not using replication you probably don't have any reasons to upgrade.
This release mainly fixes some bugs in replication. If you are not using replication you probably don't have any reasons to upgrade.
Changes in release 3.23.33
- Added '--character-sets-dir' to 'myisampack'.
- Removed warnings when running 'REPAIR TABLE .. EXTENDED'.
- Fixed core-dump bug when using 'GROUP BY' on an alias, where the alias was the same as an existing column name.
- Added 'SEQUENCE()' as an example UDF function.
- Changed 'mysql_install_db' to use 'BINARY' for 'CHAR' columns in the privilege tables.
- Changed 'TRUNCATE table_name' to 'TRUNCATE TABLE table_name' to use the same syntax as Oracle. Until 4.0 we will also allow 'TRUNCATE table_name' to not crash old code.
- Fixed 'no found rows' bug in 'MyISAM' tables when a 'BLOB' was first part of a multi-part key.
- Fixed bug where 'CASE' didn't work with 'GROUP BY'.
- Added option '--sort-recover' to 'myisamchk'.
- 'myisamchk -S' and 'OPTIMIZE TABLE' now work on Windows.
- Fixed bug when using 'DISTINCT' on results from functions that referred to a group function, like 'SELECT a,DISTINCT SEC_TO_TIME(sum(a)) from table_name GROUP BY a,b'.
- Fixed buffer overrun in 'libmysqlclient' library. Fixed bug in handling 'STOP' event after 'ROTATE' event in replication.
- Fixed another buffer overrun in 'DROP DATABASE'.
- Added 'Table_locks_immediate' and 'Table_locks_waited' status variables.
- Fixed bug in replication that broke slave server start with existing 'master.info'. This fixes a bug introduced in 3.23.32.
- Added 'SET SQL_SLAVE_SKIP_COUNTER=n' command to recover from replication glitches without a full database copy.
- Added 'max_binlog_size' variable; the binary log will be rotated automatically when the size crosses the limit.
- Added 'Last_error', 'Last_errno', and 'Slave_skip_counter' to 'SHOW SLAVE STATUS'.
- Fixed bug in 'MASTER_POS_WAIT()' function.
- Execute coredump handler on 'SIGILL', and 'SIGBUS' in addition to 'SIGSEGV'.
- On x86 Linux, print the current query and thread (connection) id, if available, in the coredump handler.
- Fixed several timing bugs in the test suite.
- Extended 'mysqltest' to take care of the timing issues in the test suite.
- 'ALTER TABLE' can now be used to change the definition for a 'MERGE' table.
- Fixed creation of 'MERGE' tables on Windows.
- Portability fixes for OpenBSD and OS2.
- Added -temp-pool option to mysqld. Using this option will cause most temporary files created to use a small set of names, rather than a unique name for each new file. This is to work around a problem in the Linux kernel dealing with creating a bunch of new files with different names. With the old behavior, Linux seems to "leak" memory, as it's being allocated to the directory entry cache instead of the disk cache.
Page 1 of 1