- 1 Top 10 Enterprise Database Systems to Consider in 2015
- 2 Docker's DCT Delivers Digital Signing for Security
- 3 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Enters Beta with Improved Container Support
- 4 VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger Gives VMworld 5 Imperatives for Success
- 5 VMware vSphere Integrated Containers Previewed at VMworld
PR: U.S. XML conference leader to showcase global e-business standards ebXML, UDDI, and Web Services
Camelot Communications, a leading producer of IT conferences focusing on emerging technologies including open-source, XML, Java, and Wireless, announces the XML DevCon Europe 2001 program. The three-day conference, to be held February 21-23 in London, will build on the highly successful U.S.-based XML DevCon series. At the forefront of conference discussion will be the push to establish global electronic business interchange standards, such as the Universal Description, Discovery and Integration (UDDI) initiative and the ebXML framework.
Camelot Communications' XML DevCon series brings together industry leaders and XML enthusiasts from around the world - including programmers, developers, engineers, software architects, system engineers, Web developers, product managers, project leaders, consultants and educators - with a common challenge of understanding how new services-oriented Web models will transform distributed computing and Internet exchange in the next few years. The three-day conference, to be held February 21-23 in London, will build on the highly successful U.S.-based XML DevCon series. At the forefront of conference discussion will be the push to establish global electronic business interchange standards, such as the Universal Description, Discovery and Integration (UDDI) initiative and the ebXML framework.
"Both top players in the XML space as well as newcomers taking their first XML-steps for their business will be attending XML DevCon in London. The wide-range of timely topics and the distinguished list of speakers and panelists offer a valuable and unprecedented education program for enterprise XML and eBusiness. The faculty includes W3C, IEEE and ACM fellows, several of the pioneers of XML/EDI technology and key players in ebXML and UDDI. The combination of interactive exhibit floor and technical education program provide an unmatched opportunity for developers to boost their XML and eBusiness skills," said Ken North, Conference Chair.
"As a global business standard on the Web gains momentum, the need for up-to-date information and critical analysis of software options in the XML marketplace is critical. Europe is a hotbed of XML interest so it is important to offer events for European developers wanting access to industry experts and the latest XML solutions," said Terry De Giuli, President of Camelot Communications. "Bringing the XML DevCon series to London provides a forum for emerging companies to leverage their success in the high-growth European eCommerce sector."
According to Gartner Group, the European Internet economy will be .2 trillion by 2004, equal to nearly 15 percent of Western Europe's current GDP (gross domestic product) value. The electronic-commerce market alone, currently worth 0.8 billion, will grow to .1 trillion in the same time period, generating the majority of Europe's expansion. The market leaders in 2001 are: Germany, with an estimated 2.6 billion in eCommerce transactions this year; the United Kingdom, with 1.8 billion; the Netherlands, with .7 billion, and France, with .7 billion.
A Sampling From XML DevCon Europe' More Than 70 Sessions and Workshops:
- Keynotes from Henry Thompson (University of Edinburgh), Simon Nicholson (ebXML and Sun), Mark Colan (IBM), and David Turner (Microsoft)
- Panel sessions addressing "The Future of Software: The Role of XML" and "Web Services, ebXML, UDDI and Trading Partner Agreements"
- XML Schema Workshop - Members of the W3C Schema Working Group present schema problems and provide solutions
- Architecting a Content Delivery System Using Java, XML, and WAP - provides insights of how data can be delivered to clients in a timely and personalized fashion
- Introduction to RDF - outlines techniques to apply RDF to general XML information and gain RDF's rich, yet understandable, network of resources and relationships
- Building an XML Based Web Site Using Open Source Tools - learn how to develop high performance, scalable, load-balanced, dynamic Web sites using XML
- Night School - the popular sessions help developers keep their edge in the fast-paced environment of XML-related technologies