- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
Apache Week issue 239 (23rd March 2001)
The latest edition of Apache Week is available. It has information about ApacheCon, recent Apache development, Jakarta Velocity, and links to feature articles.
"Bill Stoddard has committed another of the changes made by the SGI Accelerating Apache project, to remove the need to always use the 'sscanf' function to parse the HTTP protocol number in requests. Bill highlighted the reasons why the Accelerating Apache patches were largely ignored by the Apache group: this small and useful patch was hidden inside a large patch which covered many unrelated changes, making it very hard to review." The latest edition of Apache Week is available. It has information about ApacheCon, recent Apache development, Jakarta Velocity, and links to feature articles.
"... Velocity is ideal for web development as it separates the Java code from the web pages, making the web site more maintainable. This is a different approach to that taken by other scripting languages such as Java Server Pages (JSP), ASP, and PHP. ..."