- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
ComputerWorld: Sun opens up Java specification process--somewhat
Responding to concerns from key Java stakeholders, Sun Microsystems Inc. is moving to revise its so-called community process for developing new Java technology.
"Responding to concerns from key Java stakeholders, Sun Microsystems Inc. is moving to revise its so-called community process for developing new Java technology."
"Sun yesterday announced the formation of two executive committees that will oversee the Java Community Process (JCP) program for developing Java specifications, reference implementations and test suites. The company said the new committees, which will include representatives from Sun and other vendors, will determine which new technology proposals move forward for further development by Java working groups."
"In the past, that decision-making power rested solely with Sun. More details about the upgraded JCP 2.0 program are scheduled to be unveiled at next week's JavaOne Conference in San Francisco, Sun officials said."