- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
Apache Week issue 238 (9th March 2001)
This Apache Week edition shares information about the upcoming ApacheCon 2001 and recent Apache development news.
"ApacheCon 2001 is advertised as the only Apache event to be fully supported by the Apache Software Foundation. Apache founders and leading contributors have designed the technical program consisting of 40 sessions with over 100+ hours of instruction." This Apache Week edition shares information about the upcoming ApacheCon 2001 and recent Apache development news.
"... This week's hot topic was whether or not the separation of HTTP code from the "core server" in Apache 2.0 should continue. One of the goals of Apache 2.0 is that it is "protocol independent"; so it would be possible to write an Apache module which implemented, for instance, an SMTP server. Currently though, the code is still tied to HTTP, and Ryan Bloom has been trying to change this."