- 1 Hyper-V 2012 R2: Pros and Cons of Generation 1 vs. Generation 2 VMs
- 2 Harnessing the Power of Hyper-V Network Virtual Switches
- 3 Working with SSH and Secure FTP Servers in Windows
- 4 Discover Windows 8's Hidden Server Features
- 5 Server Virtualization Customer Reviews: VMware, Hyper-V, XenServer and More
Linux Easy Installer 1.2 released
The Linux Easy Installer is a script to help install Apache, MySQL, PHP, GD (graphics library) and phpmyadmin. (phpmyadmin is a PHP script for managing SQL databases via a simple web browser.)
Fridiric Fouesnant started writing LinuxEasyInstaller a few months ago. He says the script is called Linux Easy Installer, because it installs Apache and related software on Linux platforms. (It does not install Linux.) He says it has been reported to be used under Solaris, HP/UX and AIX. The Linux Easy Installer is a script to help install Apache, MySQL, PHP, GD and phpmyadmin.
Fouesnant says the script automatically does the compilation of the software and then configures them. He wrote the script to quickly install a web server with PHP support. He says the script is useful for newbies, because they have nothing to configure. It doesn't limit configurations, like using RPMs; for example, LDAP support can be added.
The LinuxEasyInstaller is available via http://www.phpmylinux.net/?rub=lei. (The webpage is in French.)