- 1 Manipulating Azure Storage Accounts Using Storage PowerShell cmdlets
- 2 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 3 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 4 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 5 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
Interview with Peter Cranstone, CEO of Remote Communications Page 3
WR: What's next for mod_gzip? Caching? I see you've already made some fixes, any popular requests?
PC: Our biggest focus at the moment is responding to the many inquires regarding installation on different platforms. Since our release on Friday we already have made several improvements to the code, added support for other platforms (FreeBSD, Solaris) and one of our users Tomaz Borstnar has already started a mailing list for us at the following link:
It's compressed of course. We will also add a mirrored site in the US.
Compression is needed on the Web. People really want something which makes things go faster. As some once said, you can't stop an idea whose time has come, it's now time for compression on the Internet.
WR: Peter, thanks for your time.