- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
The June Netcraft Results are Out: Apache Gains Slightly in Market Share Page 4
The results summarised above are from a world-wide perspective and significant variations can occur in regional analyses. Out of 32 countries with at least 0.1% of sites on the web each, Windows computers outnumber Unix-like computers in 22 of them. The countries with the largest proportions of Windows web servers are China, South Africa and Singapore. Countries in which Unix-like operating systems maintain the strongest lead are Poland, Hungary, Japan, Russia and Germany, with Linux strong in Poland and Hungary, and BSD in Russia and Japan. Linux leads Windows in Poland, Hungary, the Czech Republic and Germany, while in Finland, home country of Linus Torvalds, Windows has a tiny lead over Linux!
Fair use, Copyright