- 1 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Enters Beta with Improved Container Support
- 2 VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger Gives VMworld 5 Imperatives for Success
- 3 VMware vSphere Integrated Containers Previewed at VMworld
- 4 Worldwide Server Revenues Top $13.5 Billion in 2Q15
- 5 Blue Box OpenStack Lands on IBM Softlayer Servers
The June Netcraft Results are Out: Apache Gains Slightly in Market Share Page 4
The results summarised above are from a world-wide perspective and significant variations can occur in regional analyses. Out of 32 countries with at least 0.1% of sites on the web each, Windows computers outnumber Unix-like computers in 22 of them. The countries with the largest proportions of Windows web servers are China, South Africa and Singapore. Countries in which Unix-like operating systems maintain the strongest lead are Poland, Hungary, Japan, Russia and Germany, with Linux strong in Poland and Hungary, and BSD in Russia and Japan. Linux leads Windows in Poland, Hungary, the Czech Republic and Germany, while in Finland, home country of Linus Torvalds, Windows has a tiny lead over Linux!
Fair use, Copyright