- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
Sun Fire, Star Fire Servers Ready To Burst Onto Scene
Sun Microsystems will continue its UltraSparc III push next Wednesday when it unveils several multiprocessing servers in New York.
Sources said the rollout of what Sun Microsystems Inc. is calling its midframes will include the eight-processor Sun Fire 3800, which will take aim at data centers, e-mail, and Web applications. The 12-processor Sun Fire 4800 will be a mainframe-class machine geared for application-, compute-, and database-server applications. It will come in a 19-inch rack-mount or desktop configuration. At the high end, the Star Fire 6800 will scale up to 24 processors and target OLTP, large database, data warehousing, and data-mining applications, sources said. Sun Microsystems will continue its UltraSparc III push next Wednesday when it unveils several multiprocessing servers in New York.