- 1 Manipulating Azure Storage Accounts Using Storage PowerShell cmdlets
- 2 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 3 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 4 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 5 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
eWeek: E-clipse [UltraSPARC] Servers Outshine Linux-on-Pentium Ones
"Many people consider Linux to be one of the best operating systems for servers, so why not run it on some of the best hardware for servers? The new line of e-clipse UltraSPARC systems comes preloaded with Red Hat Inc.'s Red Hat 6.1 for SPARC and even has the blessing of Sun Microsystems Inc. " In tests simulating heavy loads accessing a large Web site, the e-clipse UltraSPARC system was on average 30 percent faster than the Pentium-based Linux system.
"Released earlier this year by TradeMark Computer Products, a division of Bell Microproducts Inc., the e-clipse line includes both rack-mounted and tower models and 300MHz to 440MHz UltraSPARC IIi processors. The biggest selling point of these systems is price. Listing for ,000 to ,000, they are comparably priced to Pentium-based systems and are less than a third the price of a similarly configured Ultra II workstation running Solaris."
"In tests simulating heavy loads accessing a large Web site, the e-clipse UltraSPARC system was on average 30 percent faster than the Pentium-based Linux system."