- 1 Vapor IO Brings OpenDCRE to General Availability
- 2 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 3 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 4 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
PHPBuilder: WAP In Perspective
"The purpose of this article is to address the apparently widespread wave of pessimism surrounding WAP technology and of its impending demise!"
"... Fundamentally, WAP is an agreed standard by which to distribute data for WAP enabled (mobile) devices. These devices can range from the Nokia 7110 (probably the most well know - due to the fact it was the first to hit the market and appeared in the film "The Matrix"), through to palm-top devices and potentially microwave ovens etc. That's it! That's all it is. A way to move data about in small chunks so people can read it and work with it "on the move" - or at least using a device, which is not a PC and does not weigh too much!" The purpose of this article is to address the apparently widespread wave of pessimism surrounding WAP technology and of its impending demise!
"... The point is, that as the technologies emerge (all based on Open Standards like WAP), it becomes more and more important for developers to be able to write code once and have it deployed anywhere! For many, this is just beginning to dawn on them; for others, it's a case of "I told you so! And, you said it would never happen!" "