- 1 Hyper-V 2012 R2: Pros and Cons of Generation 1 vs. Generation 2 VMs
- 2 Harnessing the Power of Hyper-V Network Virtual Switches
- 3 Working with SSH and Secure FTP Servers in Windows
- 4 Discover Windows 8's Hidden Server Features
- 5 Server Virtualization Customer Reviews: VMware, Hyper-V, XenServer and More
Lineo Availix Vertical Clustering 1.0 Ships
PRESS RELEASE -- Lineo has released Lineo Availix Vertical Clustering 1.0, an solution to provide Internet data centers, large Internet service
providers and access providers with high scalability and performance for non-stop access services. Lineo has released Lineo Availix Vertical Clustering 1.0, an solution to provide Internet data centers, large Internet service providers and access providers with high scalability and performance for non-stop access services.
Availix clustering solutions are based on the Linux operating system, high-speed switched technologies, and CompactPCI bus. They offer high availability and full hot-swap capabilities with all the benefits of a single administration interface per cluster and shared devices.
The Availix Vertical Clustering (Availix VC) architecture consists of interconnected CompactPCI clusters (called Horizontal clusters) and data
storage devices over a storage area network. Interconnections, based on high-speed switched fabrics, allow significant workload distribution over
horizontal sub-clusters. Within this architecture, Lineo's Availix solution is able to process and deliver huge amounts of content.
Availix Vertical Clustering 1.0 introduces the following innovations:
- Second level of high availability load balancing
- Full architecture monitoring for fail over management
- Secured shared data, using distributed and synchronized Linux file system (GFS)
- Switched technology cost reduction due to clusters minimal interconnection with storage area networks
- Remote maintenance using SNMP protocol on vertical architecture
- High density of servers up to 16 CPUs per 8U Cluster
- Scalability from two to as many as seven processor clusters
Based on distributed horizontal clusters, the Availix VC architecture runs Web serving, application serving and databases. It handles applications such as Apache, Zeus, Sendmail, SMTP, FTP, Radius, H323 gatekeeper, DNS, Real Server, Oracle parallel server and MySQL. Availix VC is available on Pentium CompactPCI boards from I-Bus and VMIC.
Lineo's Availix VC 1.0 facilitates the interconnection of horizontal clusters. It is now available and priced at 00 per CompactPCI horizontal
cluster. Availix Horizontal Clustering 1.3 is priced at 000 per processor board.