- 1 VMware Takes the Wraps Off vRealize Automation and vRealize Business
- 2 Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
- 3 Mirantis Led FUEL Project Gets Installed Under OpenStack Big Tent
- 4 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 Adds Security, DR Features
- 5 Docker Reaches Across Universes at Dockercon EU
Lucent Technologies and Sun Microsystems Pioneer Carrier-Grade Internet Protocol Platform for Mobility Page 2
To maximize Flexent system uptime and performance with fault-free switchover, when necessary, to redundant components, Bell Labs developers have relied on the Solaris Operating Environment high-availability extensions, ChorusOS-based common APIs, and Bell Labs' Reliable Cluster Computing (RCC) software. Additionally, the DataBlitz Main-Memory Database, a high-performance database pioneered by Bell Labs, provides the throughput and real-time responsiveness needed for data-intensive 3G applications.
This combination of integrated high-reliability components, the RCC and DataBlitz(TM) performance-enhancing software, is designed to assist the Flexent mobile switching center achieve five nine's (99.999 percent) reliability, ranging from real-time intensive switching applications to IP-intensive computing with full ''hot swap'' support.