The Path to the Private Cloud

By ServerWatch Staff (Send Email)
Posted Oct 1, 2010


At this week's Interop Mumbai 2010, Steven Dietch, vice president, Cloud Infrastructure at HP overviewed the benefits of converged infrastructure and private clouds. Here's what he had to say.


When it comes to cloud computing, planning is key to successful deployment.

In the second keynote for day three at Interop Mumbai 2010, Steven Dietch, Vice President, Cloud Infrastructure, HP talked about the benefits of converged infrastructure and private clouds. Dietch highlighted that over 70 percent of IT budgets are spend on just keeping the lights on, leaving less than 30 percent for innovation. "With converged infrastructure, you can converge your IT sprawl into a highly integrated, virtualized and orchestrated setup, which includes server, storage, networking and surrounding software," Dietch opined.

Dietch said that virtualization needs to be not only in servers but also in storage and networking, converting the entire infrastructure into a virtual pool of resources. However, it is important that the converged infrastructure needs to be resilient, secure, and open. The Data center of the future would have a common modular infrastructure, a sea of sensors, networking, common management, business technology optimization software and value added services.

Read the complete "The way towards private cloud" story at InformationWeek

Page 1 of 1


Comment and Contribute

Your name/nickname

Your email

(Maximum characters: 1200). You have characters left.