- 1 Hyper-V 2012 R2: Pros and Cons of Generation 1 vs. Generation 2 VMs
- 2 Harnessing the Power of Hyper-V Network Virtual Switches
- 3 Working with SSH and Secure FTP Servers in Windows
- 4 Discover Windows 8's Hidden Server Features
- 5 Server Virtualization Customer Reviews: VMware, Hyper-V, XenServer and More
Remaining Relevant, Steps to Take to Keep Your Data Center Job Secure
Those in data center jobs often find it is critical to establish IT value and IT leadership simultaneously. CIO Update.com explains how to do so.
It's not enough simply to do your data center job done well. It is also critical to establish yourself in an IT leadership role.
Nearly every CIO knows the build-a-business-case drill when it comes to validating a new tech buy. Few, however, are aware that they may need to build a business case to secure their job or to move ahead in a promotion. Many erroneously believe simply keeping IT running smoothly will win them recognition for a job well done.
"Think of it this way, no one ever sends the water company thank you notes for keeping the water running," said J. Greg Hanson, executive vice president of Operations at Criterion Systems and former CIO for the U.S. Senate.
That is not to say, however, that performance doesn't count.
"If you are performing, either your organization will recognize and reward you, or your industry will," said Shawn Banerji, managing director at Russell Reynolds Associates, a leading international Executive Search firm. "It's hard to keep real talent in check."